Monday, February 23, 2009

My Fainting Couch Fantasy

Okay, in my daily Craigslist search for something to fill the void left by the Christmas tree a chaise to replace the crappy chair I refuse to return to that spot, I found a fainting couch.
Seriously, I am in love.


Not sure if I am more in love with the name or the actual item. The fact that I will not, and can not spend $1400 on a piece of furniture right now, unless that furniture is attached to a car, is hardly relevant.

Think about the possibilities. I could have spells. Right before having to make dinner would be a great time to have a spell and take to the fainting couch. Or right about when Mr. Bubbles fills the room with a special aroma, right before a board meeting, etc....the possibilities are endless.


See how I drew myself fainting? I could totally faint. Or just have 'a spell'. I put a tiara on me to show that I am the kind of person who has time to faint on couches made specifically for that purpose. Also a little heart to show how much I love the couch.


Also? In love with Picnik. (Photoshop for dummies or the technically challenged.)

9 comments:

*Monica said...

This is what has been missing from my life for all these years.....

Lunasea said...

I've often wished I could be one of those people who has a "spell," becomes "indisposed," or just takes to their bed because of their delicate nature. A fainting couch would be a fantastic stepping-stone to that sort of life.

I can't find my blog said...

I so want one. Only I don't have any room. It can't really double as a bookcase, can it?

Rachel Inbar said...

And to think I wasn't aware of your artistic ability...

Great post :-)

Jamey said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL fainting couch. I would totally wear a smoking jacket on it, with my hair slicked back. Drinking sherry, or some such.

Denise said...

I want a tiara and a fainting couch!

Anonymous said...

I would be all over that shizzle.

I want one.

You can ship it to Australia for me K?

J. said...

tee hee, I think we all need one of those, complete with the tiara of course.

Anonymous said...

Oooo. Just picturing myself leaning back, back of hand to pale brow, the other hand clasping a mint julep. (I've never had a mint julep before, but it seems to me a woman who'd avail herself of a fainting couch would probably drink mint juleps. Or mimosas.)