- He had a deadline; had to work all night. End of discussion.
- I get up, tell the school-aged one to get dressed.
- I go downstairs to make her breakfast.
- Bubbles joins us for breakfast after a diaper change
- Supergirl gets detangler sprayed in her hair while she eats
- Then brushes
- Then out the door
- Backpack, lunch, baby
- Strap baby into carseat for quick ride to school
- Drop off Supergirl
- Come back home, more breakfast, playing, careful to keep Bubbles from jumping on Daddy's head.
- Daddy gets up around 11:00 and
- Pisses Mama off by getting immediately in the shower (even if I have been playing for 4 hours and waiting for a shower break).
When I sleep in:
- I have to work that day; I have to teach and dance and sing for hours, (nobody cares)
- Bubbles has been
chewing on menursing since 6am, could I please get some sleeeeeeeeeeeep?
- Whining that sentiment from under the pillow may get the Daddy up, but without fail, he gets up LOUDLY and GRUMPILY,
- Yells at Supergirl for choosing the wrong outfit, the wrong length of sleeves, the wrong shoes...
- Makes the fatal error of asking her what she wants for breakfast instead of just preparing it..
- Yells at Supergirl for not telling him quickly enough what she wants to eat.
- Leaves Bubbles upstairs to jump on my head,
- Yells at Bubbles to STOP JUMPING ON MAMA'S HEAD. (not effectively)
- Daddy TAKES Supergirl to school while leaving Bubbles home upstairs with me, with the gate out of the bedroom WIDE OPEN while I am 'sleeping in'...
- And when he comes home, he does not even stop to see how the Bubbles is faring (you know, while it is his Mama's turn to 'sleep in') but instead goes directly to his office next door,
- Which is where he can be found when Mama fully wakes up and realizes that she has been (kind of) sleeping in a house that is completely unsecured and in which HER TWO YEAR OLD has been awake and completely unsupervised .
- Mama then screams about how THIS SUCKS and HE (her husband, not 2 yr old)SUCKS and HE IS SELFISH.
- And the next day, the Daddy sleeps in.
- And for the rest of the week, the Daddy sleeps in.
Which is all true.