Saturday, July 15, 2006

For Parent Bloggers (not just those sans penis)

A big THANKS shout out to Guy! No, not just for linking me on his 'Ultimate Mommy Bloggers' list, but for sending me this article.
I am still sniveling like a baby after reading it.
More on 'Kids Today' Here.
Actually, this one brought a few tears as well, having a child that is about to enter school.
As Guy put it, "If this isn't mommy blog material, I don't know what is."


7/16 update:
somebody (you know who you are, virginia) just emailed me to tell me that, as a mommy blogger, i should probably not use the word 'penis' in my posting title. i am terribly sorry to everyone out there with or without a penis, for using the word penis, because i had no idea i was not supposed to use the word 'penis'!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

There is nothing saying that a Mommyblogger can't use the word penis. You can use any word that you want. There are quite a few mommy posts about penises, vaginas and everything in between. Check out "Motherhood Uncensored" and "Queen of Spain". You might enjoy them.

P.S. My nickname is Gwendo, it is what started me reading your blog, but your posts (especially about your grief) have kept me reading. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Oh for christ sakes, without penises we wouldn't be mummies! I think some people are taking PC a little too far!

Mary Tsao said...

I had penis envy the entire nine months I was pregnant. But something tells me the husband did NOT have uterus envy.

I don't know what this has to do with your post, but that's my 2 cents. Harumph!

gwendomama said...

Mary
you have a good question - what does it have to do with my post?
http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/07/kids_today_arti.html#comment-19792245

nothing really - i just thought that the zero boss had a funny comment on Guy's site so I lifted it for the title...
which was changed from the original title: penis, penis, penis.
which still has nothing to do with the post, but it makes me laugh!

mamadaisy said...

PENIS!