And, since Cindy knows that I am, more or less, a sitting duck this week with no more to do than pop motrin, keep it elevated, and read blogs....ahem. Okay then. A Friday meme.
Five things....Since I am normally such a private person (cough cough) and have revealed so very little of myself (cough::heartonsleeve::cough), I will try and cover five things that I may not have mentioned (too much) before.
(turns out, this is very hard for me, because, turns out I have a really big freaking mouth, and if I haven't mentioned it, it's probably because I shouldn't or can't!)
- ONE: Before I had my babies, from about 1995 to 2001, I spent nearly every weekend plus a few longer trips hiking into remote corners and to the tops of well-known peaks of the Sierra-Nevada. Here I am at Florence Lake in July 2001, about three weeks before Supergirl showed up a month early. I don't even want to think about how far away from civilization we were that weekend. A little side note here...that backpacking adventure-life...is actually how, why and when I met Cindy. Sharing a nalgene bottle of lukewarm emergen-C on the way up to (or was it down from?) Dusy Basin. We smelled so pretty that day. Here's a shot of me on my 31st birthday trip - Mt. Whitney. (BTW, emergen-C packet+snow+tequila+salt= the backcountry fizzy margarita.)
- TWO: Dh was the long-time partner of my ex-boyfriend's sister. Got that? This diagram should help. Or maybe not.
- THREE: We still have not done anything with Elijah's ashes. Except this:
- FOUR: I wouldn't wear a bikini back in my twenties when my bod was probably somewhat righteous. I was waaaay too self-conscious. Of course, after giving birth three times, any shred of modesty I had maintained went out with the bathwater, and now I can be found flaunting my muffin-top and cheesy thighs in no less than a Brazilian demi suit. Because I think I'm so hot? Nope. Because when I wore a bikini while I was pregnant (see#1), I realized what an idiot I had been all those years, and I'm not missing out on that belly tan anymore.
- FIVE: One year ago, I was pregnant. It didn't work out.
Now I suppose I am expected to tag five more people? I don't think I have that much confidence in my persuasive powers. If I could bribe them all with brownies, maybe....
- NakedJen (because I miss her and want her to come back home to California and collect her brownies)
- DottyNana (because I never can get enough of what she has to say, and she only doles it out in teeny tiny doses. harumph)
- MaryP (as in Poppins, because she is my new most respected internet
crushlove and I wish she lived near me instead of cold, cold Canada so she could be the awesomest teacher in the world for Bubbles. I think I would get a f/t job just to put him in daycare if she was my neighbor.)
- DadaMama (because she is the smart cookie and knows of what she comments)
- Jenijen (because I think I can get a visit from her out of this - she'll totally collect on the brownies)
- oops - did I just go to SIX? Well, I'm going to take a chance on Grace, cutting her some slack on the obligatory meme-ing, but since I owe her some baked goods, she just might participate to get me to hurrymyassup and make her some damn cupcakes!