Friday, February 01, 2008

The Fudgiest Brownies (IMHO)



I have been making many brownies lately. I love to bake things with chocolate, so I have tried countless (literally) brownie recipes over the years, only to come back to my all-time favorite:
Scott's Killer Brownies. Scott is a caterer-friend I knew long, long ago. He shared this recipe with me, and never said it was a secret. Since it is really that awesome, and because I am such a giving person by nature, and because I believe in the ultimate success of chocolate-based endeavors, I shall now share it with you. In just a sec - listen up!
The best thing about this brownie recipe is that, if you have any leftover the next day, the high amount of chocolate in it has settled on the bottom to form a very lovely fudge-y crust. The likelihood of this occurring is slim, so stash a (wrapped) piece away in the cupboard or fridge if you really want to test this challenge. Are you ready for the chocolate-y goodness?


Scott's Killer Brownies
:

1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2TBSP water
12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips (or, if you are feeling very indulgent and serious about your chocolate, you can try 12 oz of the TJ's pound-plus 72% cacao bar, chopped)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt


Preheat oven to 350; butter an 8x8 glass pan.
Melt butter, sugar and water until simmering. Remove from heat and pour over 1 cup of the chocolate (about 1/2); stir until chocolate is melted and let cool for about 10 minutes.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
Add combined dry ingredients, mix well, stir in remaining chocolate chips (I boldfaced that because I sometimes forget to add the rest of the chocolate!!) (nuts, at this point, are optional of course) and spread/pour into prepared pan.



Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350.






Cool before cutting.
I know, the waiting will be difficult. But it will be the difference between spatulas and spoons.



Let me know if you tried and/or liked them.

7 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Aaarrrrggggh!!! I just FINISHED my last brownie (that I had to make due to ANOTHER blogger's post about them) and now I'm craving them again. THANKS!

gwendomama said...

you're welcome!!
and it sounds to me like you definitely need to try these!

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I clicked on your blog today! I'm sitting here at Panera bread eating nothing other than a BROWNIE! And coffee of course.

YUM!

laura capello said...

dude. hot brownies + spoons = awesomeness.

especially with vanilla ice cream

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that looks gooood... Excuse me, I need to get my pen...

Anonymous said...

Favorite line:

"I know, the waiting will be difficult. But it will be the difference between spatulas and spoons."

So true. So true.

Anonymous said...

IM SO EXCITED TO MAKE THESE!!!!!!! MIRANDA FISHBOURNE AND ROGER EDMONDS SAYS THANK YOU!!!!!