Saturday, March 07, 2009

Another Photo Documentary (of DANGER)

We lit one of these:


In here:




And it was very hot. Too hot. Something was wrong. The pipe was glowing. It shot an ember out the side onto a highly contentious and flammable object.




The stove pipe is beyond old, and yes, we rent. It looked pretty bad.



But then it turned out to be worse than I thought. Really bad.

Dude, this is what my finger did.


The house did not burn down, but this is pretty much how I spent the day when I was not having a panic attack.

12 comments:

Monica said...

that last pictures is priceless~ I hope that situation gets better soon.

Milly said...

Enjoying your blog -- and your writing. Thanks for sharing. Milly

Lunasea said...

Oh my goodness. That scares the hell out of me and I live in another city.

Astropoppet said...

big sigh of relief that the house didn't burn down! hope your landlord'll sort it out soon ... although, if they use the same definition of soon that my sister does, it'll be summer n you wont need the fire lol

furiousBall said...

jeebus, that fire stuff is dangerous

Squid said...

Holy holy holey. So glad this is a what-might-have-been rather than a what-was.

Denise said...

fuck!1

Lynnbug said...

Thank goodness it didnt burn the house down--because that is very possible. I dont blame you for having a panic attack!

Mama Deb said...

Oh, feck.

See you tomorrow...feeling better?

Mama Deb said...

P.S. Is it just me, or is there an alien face near where your finger is? Hey, it may not be Jesus, but it's something! Maybe you could sell it on ebay. ha.

gwendomama said...

Dude
That's no ALIEN FACE - it's MY face!!

Shea's Mom said...

BTW - I am a Property Manager. Check with your states landlord tenant law but if your landlord does not take care of that, you may be able to get the work done and deduct it from you rent.

That is one scary close call.