Sunday, May 03, 2009

I just found this in my inbox....




Hi Julie!

I'm a big fan that's read your blog regularly, and thought I would pass along an iphone application I just launched that is great for parents and kids called The Animalizer.

The app is a super simple concept, easy to use, and viral- You pick a funny animal and replace the face with yours or one of your friend's, add text, and then share. Guaranteed to make you all laugh (example below).

The app has been out about 15 days now and has received great responses, and we have been mentioned on a bunch of pop-culture websites, kids sites and tech
sites.

Thanks so much for your time!

Regards,
Ben Kahle







I replied with:

Dear Bob;

I know you're a HUGE fan of my Julie's blog, and I hate to let you down, but I think you must have confused me with someone named Julie. Or perhaps you confused me with someone who has a iphone (donations accepted). Or with someone who isn't entirely creeped out by Suri Cruise morphed with a raccoon. Or a marmot. Or whatever that asparagus-pawed misguided Anne Geddes style creature is.
Or perhaps you have confused me with Jenny, The Bloggess. People do that all that time. She is the one who sends snarky replies to stupid offers like this.
She also has a far broader knowlege of animals with special needs and prosthetics. Please do not bother me again (unless you are going to send me an iphone).
Get a grip, Ben Bob.

Sincerely,
Gwendomama

8 comments:

furiousBall said...

bob took my virginity with colonel mustard in the pool room with the candlestick

Deb Rox said...

OMG I love Julie too. And Bob is right, she's going to go apes for this app!

Carmen said...

I got this same email, and replied back that I'd be glad to test out his app, but since I don't have an iPhone, he'd need to send one along with the app. He wasn't amused. And neither was I.

I can't find my blog said...

Yep. That would be a marketing FAIL. But I'd also take an iphone. Anyone listening?

Lunasea said...

Oh, see, I thought he was offering you a chance to put He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's face on the back of a donkey.

RuthWells said...

Priceless. You should email him your last few posts to really drive home the lesson!

Loralee Choate said...

Dude, at least you respond to them. I gave up declaring them all stupid heads. Too much work. :)

Unknown said...

I've been dying to know whether he responded...