Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Correct Answer: Because I am Lucky

Little Boy at Preschool: Why are you here?

Me: To pick up Bubbles from preschool.

Little Boy at Preschool: But why? Why are you here right now?

Me: To pick up Bubbles from preschool right now.

Little Boy at Preschool (increasingly agitated): But why is she here? Why is the music teacher here, Teacher Julie? (Everyone knows that teachers are only supposed to be present where and when appropriate in the child's mind)

Teacher Julie: Because she is your music teacher, but she is also Bubbles' mommy.

Little Boy at Preschool (completely losing his shit): NO!! NO!! WHY? Why is she Bubbles' mommy?

11 comments:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

Are you working on a book !?!

Such a precious and penetrative depiction of a child's mind...

Whew!!!

~ Alex from Our Evolution

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Poor kid! WAy to mess with his head...

Anonymous said...

My mom (a 1st grade teacher) has had similar experiences at the grocery store. Did you know that teachers need groceries?! :)

Shannon Des Roches Rosa said...

Heh.

If the little guy really is in danger of losing his shit, I have a pair of Bubbles' swim trunks that he could borrow.

Anonymous said...

You're a teacher AND a mommy AND you exist outside your classroom???
How can this BE??? Way to play with his head.

Cindy said...

That is very funny.

Ak. I've been without dependable email for two days now. Hopefully it will be restored tomorrow. Talk to you then!

Cynical Nymph said...

In 1990, I saw my 2nd grade teacher out to dinner with her parents one time. PARENTS: SHE HAD THEM. I am still somewhat freaked out by this.

Lunasea said...

When I saw kids in therapy, they would get completely freaked out if they saw me get in my car and drive away. One was convinced I spent all my non-clinic time at the amusement park. ???

B said...

That's adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love watching little kids lose their shit..including my own little kid. It is priceless.

furiousBall said...

I always try to tell them it's just a dream and to go back to sleep.