Within the first five minutes of walking into the St. Francis Lobby:
- I introduced myself to Catherine and her sweet baby boy, and she said....ummm....Gwendowho? Ummm.....okay......somethingsomething....meet...you? (Awesome! Already making new friends everywhere!)
- Started to check-in to the hotel and saw standing next to me (trying to check in but dealing with some red tape shit about the deposit on the room, etc) one of the only people I actually know. Yay! Jess is here! And I know where her room is, too.
- Jess asked who my roommate was, and when I joked about the 'she has eight kids I doubt I could piss her off this weekend' thing, some complete stranger, also checking in (and I bet she is also a blogger), said "I know how to piss her off! Get her PREGNANT!"
- The woman checking me in? She handed me a BlogHer '08 pin, and then two minutes later, she forgot and asked if I got one so I said no, so she gave me another one and then three minutes later, she asked me again if she had given me a pin and I said no, so she gave me another one. (one of those is yours, Judy!)
First hour after checking in:
- I discovered Victoria's Secret
next doorin the hotel, and I purchased new panties. Yes I did.
- I got snubbed by Guy Kawasaki by not getting invited to The Exclusive Hawt Party. What's up with that, Guy? You put me on the ultimate mommybloggers list, but that's not enough I supposed? Your loss. My panties look lovely.
- I saw someone else I actually know IRL and love. Love. Respect and Love. And looks super with her flourescent hair. Now I have seen two out of the four people I actually have met before. I gave her one of my extra pins; she had missed out on the pin. She said that she used to feel freaked out about coming to this thing but now that she knows so many people, she doesn't feel that way anymore. I smiled, nodded, said I didn't know anyone bu wasn't prone to freak out so easily.
- I lied!!
- I am still alone in the hotel room, my roommate is not yet here, the BOS (who is making a surprise guest appearance and might even guest blog for me tomorrow while I am actually at The Blog) is on her way over the GG Bridge, and I get first pick of the beds.
- Sadly, there is no top bunk over which to fight.