Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to the Best Strawberry Farm Ever

Yesterday, during Bubbles' nap, Supergirl and I headed back to the strawberry farm.

In less than 1/2 hour, we had five pounds of delicious juicy organic berries, even with goofing off time included!


Berries for jam, berries with stems for dipping in chocolate, berries to freeze, and some just to eat.


And my favorite kind of berries: Berries with noses.


My preferred method of crushing berries for jam:



This is what I will give you if you come to visit me soon:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I AM jealous. We picked strawberries this year, but I didn't have time to make them into jam. Maybe next year!

Debbie said...

Thirty minutes? Your kids lasted THIRTY minutes? :)
Lucky dog.

And I will come visit you some afternoon soon if you tell me what day might be best. Thursdays are our current only no-go day since M has OT.

Kmommy said...

Oh now that looks yummy :) and what a way to keep kids somewhat occupied.

Shannon Des Roches Rosa said...

That's the kind of taunting that can only be resolved properly face-to-face. If you're going to be around Friday 10-11, don't be too surprised if the girls and I make an appearance on our way to the beach.

I can't find my blog said...

Oh yummy! I must suck as a mom-I've never taken my kids berry picking. Hmmm, maybe I'll look for a local farm for next weekend.

Cindy said...

Will you visit and bring some to me? We can make buttermilk biscuits for them.

The Herrells said...

Oh that jam looks so good!

furiousBall said...

nose berries are the best