- Make simple syrup: 1c sugar+1c water cooked to boiling point; cooled.
- Crush about 1/2 bag of lemon drop hard candies (I use the food processor) and pick out the large bits; pour the finer lemon candy sugar into a dish.
- Squeeze as many lemons* as you can, and strain the juice. Measure the amount.
- Mix in an equal amount of chilled vodka,
- And an equal amount of simple syrup.
- Shake this in a cocktail shaker with ice,
- BUT, before you pour it into the glass...
- Run a lemon slice around a martini glass and
- Dip the rim into the lemon candy,
- Then fill with delicious lemon drop.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Luna Lemon Drop
In honor of the full moon weekend, here is my recipe for 'a few' lemon drops; and a bit of full moon lemon drop art as an added bonus: