Sunday, November 25, 2007

Luna Lemon Drop

In honor of the full moon weekend, here is my recipe for 'a few' lemon drops; and a bit of full moon lemon drop art as an added bonus:
  • Make simple syrup: 1c sugar+1c water cooked to boiling point; cooled.
  • Crush about 1/2 bag of lemon drop hard candies (I use the food processor) and pick out the large bits; pour the finer lemon candy sugar into a dish.
  • Squeeze as many lemons* as you can, and strain the juice. Measure the amount.
  • Mix in an equal amount of chilled vodka,
  • And an equal amount of simple syrup.
  • Shake this in a cocktail shaker with ice,
  • BUT, before you pour it into the glass...
  • Run a lemon slice around a martini glass and
  • Dip the rim into the lemon candy,
  • Then fill with delicious lemon drop.
*you may use any type of lemon, however I find that the best type are the ones that you are given when you are all pissy and are expected to make lemonade or something.


nailgirl said...

Again ookks great but I am way too lazy. I like my alcohol recipes to be easy!

mamadaisy said...

life gives you lemons -- make lemon drops! i love it.

Tricia said...

I need a cocktail newest addiction is gin with odwalla pom/limeade, but I need a cocktail shaker. I'll ask Santa, too!